HAVE YOU BEEN DIAGNOSED with gum disease? Concerned? Don’t be. We can help. With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile.
Depending on your individual condition and needs, we may recommend a treatment that’s known by several different names. It’s sometimes called “root planing and scaling”, or a “periodontal cleaning”, or “deep cleaning.”
- A bacterial infection has become too “set-in” to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums and continue to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gum line, using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.
Gum Disease Treatment May Require Some Follow-Up Maintenance And Monitoring
Gum Disease Treatment May Require Some Follow-Up Maintenance And Monitoring. A referral to a gum specialist, called a periodontist, may also be needed.
Remember that after we’ve completed treatment, there may be additional maintenance necessary. More frequent cleanings will help protect your recovering gums and allow us to monitor your progress.
Set Up A Plan To Get Your Oral Health Back On Track
Each case of gum disease is different. If the infection is extensive, you may need additional help. But whatever the case, we can discuss your options and help you with a plan to regain control of your oral health.
A Simple Video Explanation:
We Can Help With Gum Disease
All of the dental hygienists in the office have had the extensive training not only to diagnose periodontal disease but also to do the deep cleaning and root planing. They will make recommendations but also allow you to choose which treatment you feel is best to maintain your health. However, if your periodontal problem are beyond our skills, we do not hesitate to refer to a gum specialist who we trust will give you the treatment you need to save your teeth.
Don’t put it off any longer! Talk to us today about your options.
Thanks for being our valued patient!